Dear rangefinder enthusiasts and classic photographers, our latest Parallax newsletter is online!
The Q2M – The Enduring Power of Black and White
The Genesis of a Legendary Style by a Most Singular Photographer
Photography In Modern Times; Buy the Books!
The Fujifilm – Camtec Photo “Mini-Shoot in my Neighbour-hoot” Photo Contest
Feeling weary? Pining for a return to normalcy? Welcome to the (virtual) crowd! Restrictions imposed by Covid-19 have created once-in-a-lifetime conditions that stifle and stymy, but can also challenge us to explore, question and reconsider.
Along with enticing prices on Fuji’s most popular cameras and lenses, this photo contest is something to get enthusiastic about. We invite you to revisit the familiar streets and surroundings of your neighbourhood, but avoid falling back into the tried and true. We want to see your newest insightful and memorable images.
Entries are open starting Thursday, November 19. Winners will be announced on Friday, December 18.
Three prizes will be awarded:
First prize: $500 Gift Certificate towards Fuji Products
Second prize: $200 Gift Certificate towards Fuji Products
Third Prize: $100 Gift Certificate towards Fuji Products
Go out, take pictures, then send us your best!
● The theme of the contest is “A Mini-Shoot in my Neighbour-hoot”
● Photographs should capture your neighbourhood and transmit a sense of discovery and joy
● It is essential that the photographs be appropriate in every respect
● Be certain your pictures adhere to the theme
● Contest is open to all residents of Quebec
● Entries must be received no later that 23:59 on Wednesday, December 16, 2020. Results will be announced Friday, December 18
● Each participant can enter up to 2 images in either colour or black and white
● Files submitted must be in JPEG format and have a resolution of 4000 pixels on the long side
● Please include your name, telephone number and the camera and lens used for the capture
● Entries must be sent to email@example.com. We will email an acknowledgement to you
● By submitting an entry the participant authorizes Camtec Photo and Fujifilm Canada to use and publish the images submitted for the strict purpose and within the context of this contest only
● The submitted images will not be used for any other purpose promotional or otherwise. The photographer will remain the sole proprietor of his or her images
● A three-person jury will choose the contest winners