Voigtlander Ultron 40mm F2 SL II - S
V-BA229I / V-BA229J
Log-in to add this product to your favourites
Ask a question about this product
Voigtländer Ultron 40mm f/2 SL IIS Aspherical
Featuring a slender profile and a slightly wider-than-normal focal length, the Ultron 40mm f/2 SL IIS Aspherical from Voigtlander is a versatile prime well-suited to everyday shooting. The double Gauss optical design employs a single aspherical element, as well as ultra-high refractive index glass, to produce well-controlled, sharp imagery void of spherical aberrations. Its slightly wide focal length pairs with the bright f/2 maximum aperture to benefit from making shallow depth of field imagery as well as working in low-light conditions. The smooth manual focus operation also contributes to controlling focus position, and both depth of field and focus distance scales are featured on the metal lens barrel to aid in pre-focusing or setting the hyperfocal distance. This lens' physical design also features a scalloped focus ring to recall classic lens designs of the 1960s as well as afford more secure handling during use. Mixing the classic-inspired design with contemporary usage, the lens also sports an AI-S type CPU to permit in-camera adjustment of the aperture setting for faster, more intuitive exposure control.
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- One Double-Sided Aspherical Element
- Ultra-High Refractive Index Glass
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.8"
- Metal Lens Barrel, Scalloped Focus Ring
- AI-S Support/CPU for Aperture Control
- Nine-Blade Diaphragm
- Slightly wider-than-normal prime, this 40mm f/2 lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, however, can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 60mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field when using selective focus techniques.
- Double Gauss-type optical design uses ultra-high refractive index glass and incorporates one double-sided aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for greater sharpness and clarity.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 9.8" away with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- All-metal lens barrel integrates both focus distance and depth of field scales to aid in using pre-focusing and hyperfocal focusing techniques.
- Scalloped focus ring and smooth focusing action affords precise control when handling.
- Built-in CPU permits using in-camera controls for adjusting the lens' aperture setting.