Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 35mm F2 VM
Log-in to add this product to your favourites
Ask a question about this product
A sophisticated wide-angle M-mount prime, the APO-LANTHAR 35mm f/2 Aspherical Lens from Voigtlander holds the elite distinction of being part of the APO-LANTHAR series of optically refined, apochromatic lenses. The apochromatic design makes the on-axis chromatic aberration of RGB light wavelengths constituting the three primary colors of light as close to zero as possible. A series of anomalous partial dispersion and aspherical elements help to suppress virtually all aberrations for especially high sharpness and color accuracy. A manual focus design is employed, along with a high precision helicoid, for refined focusing control. Additionally, a 12-blade diaphragm forms a circular opening when using the wider apertures, creating a pleasing circular bokeh from point light sources.
- Wide-angle prime designed for full-frame M-mount cameras, however, can provide a 52.5mm equivalent focal length if used with APS-C format cameras
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over focus position for selective focus applications
- Apochromatic design virtually eliminates color fringing and chromatic aberrations for higher clarity and color fidelity
- Two aspherical elements limit spherical aberrations and distortions for improved sharpness and accurate rendering
- 11 element, nine groups design
- Manual focus design with a high-accuracy all-metal helicoid for high-precision control.
- A 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.